A Lovely Day

I’ve been trying to rest up as much as possible the last couple days since I’ve been feeling so unwell, and I think it finally paid off.  Or maybe it was just the pleasant company.  queen mary brunchThis weekend had been way to much for me, though I only got out of the house once.  We baby sat my nephew again, which is an exhausting joy.  We did a birthday brunch at the Queen Mary to celebrate my father-in-law’s birthday on Sunday.  As feared, it was hard dealing with the  mobility issues, but it was still a nice time.  It’s really such a cool setting.  And it was nice to spend sometime with my husband’s side of the family in a celebratory way.  Yesterday my hip pain was out of control and I drank so much salty drinks and just rested.

So today, my bestie came by and picked me up to go to lunch.  We had a really good talk even though I spaced out a bit.  She opened up a bit about how she sees interacting with me since I’ve gotten sicker.  I felt like we were very real with each other, and that meant a lot to me.  She also asked me about what I needed and what would make my life easier- that’s a very good friend.  We also talked about her recent trip and life in general.  It was just so good to spend some time with her.  She’s even talking about coming by regularly and helping me with some things at home.

giphy-downsized-largeWhen I got home I tried the pool again.  The last couple of days, the pool was still cold, so I would float on my ridiculous oversized swan float and kick my legs in the water for “exercise.”  Today it was finally warm enough to swim!  I would swim across the pool, then stop and rest until my heart rate and breathing were better, then I would go again.  I only did a bit because I did get really tired  pretty fast.  Then I just floated around for a bit on the float.  It was so relaxing and I felt good that I had finally used some of my muscles.  It was a gorgeous day, too, and I saw all sorts of birds.

giphy-downsized-large (1)In fact, when I got out of the pool, I grabbed my hammock chair and hung out by my bird feeders.  The birds are barely afraid of me now.  They fly away when I am walking around, but if I stay still for a bit, they come back.  One even landed on my hammock chair while I was in it!  Since I was on such a roll for a good day, I finished things off with a warm bath.  Usually such things are so exhausting, but it really helped relieve some of these pains that have been flaring up on me.

It’s so nice to have a good day, especially since my symptoms have been so overwhelming lately.  I still had many of those symptoms today, but they weren’t so loud.  I’m just so glad to be living where I am and to have such great people in my life.


One thought on “A Lovely Day

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s